It was a Friday evening and I thought I must bake something before I go out, because weekend is the only time I can catch enough light to take good pictures. Considering the circumstances it had to be something fast, easy and simple.
Glass of wine in one hand, mixer in other I then quickly put together this chocolate chip cake that is so simple, yet absolutely delicious. Believe me, “Hangover me” was very thankful for this treat on Saturday morning. It also stores very well in an airtight container so you can enjoy it for breakfast or afternoon tea for at least 3 days.
CHOCOLATE CHIP CAKE
225g sugar (about 1 cup)
280g flour (2 cups)
¾ teaspoon baking powder
100g dark chocolate chips
Few drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease loaf tin. (Mine is 25cm)
- In a large bowl beat together butter, sugar and vanilla extract until light and creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition until incorporated.
- Alternating between the two add sifted flour that has been mixed with baking powder. For example, add half cup of flour, then a quarter of milk and so on.
- Mix in chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.