A very short post for a very simple, fast to make and yummy cake. It only takes about 5 minutes to put it together, but you would never guess that from the result. This cake is crunchy from the outside and soft on the inside – a perfect bake for when you need an emergency treat, but don’t have much time for baking.
OLIVE OIL CITRUS CAKE WITH CHERRIES
225g sugar (about 1 cup)
280g self raising flour (2 cups), sifted
Grated peel of lime, lemon and orange (1 teaspoon each) or 1/4 cup ready cut citrus peel
Juice of 1 lime
125ml extra virgin olive oil
125ml plain yogurt
100g glacé cherries, cut in pieces
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease loaf tin. (Mine is 25cm)
- In a large bowl mix sifted flour, sugar and citrus peel.
- In a separate bowl beat together eggs, yogurt and olive oil. Add to flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Mix in lime juice and cherries until evenly distributed.
- Bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.