Spoiler alert for my family and friends – this is probably what all of you will be receiving for birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and other occasions!
I had this very easy recipe for homemade Bounty bars from Not Enough Cinnamon saved in my bookmarks for some time now, but I rediscovered it only last week. So happy I did! This is probably one of the easiest treats I have ever made and I think it´s definitely one of the tastiest. In fact, I must have eaten half of the ingredients before completing the recipe as I could not stop eating spoonfuls of coconut and condensed milk mixture – it is so irresistibly yummy!
Prettied up with some white chocolate and dried strawberries I think these chocolate and coconut truffles make an incredibly beautiful handmade gift.
CHOCOLATE AND COCONUT TRUFFLES (Makes 30)
250g desiccated coconut
400g condensed milk
3 tablespoons ground almonds
400g dark chocolate
100g white chocolate
6g freeze dried strawberries
- In a large bowl mix together desiccated coconut, condensed milk an ground almonds.
- Pour two cups of cold water in a bowl and set aside. Line 2 trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Take about a tablespoon of coconut mix and using your hands shape it into a small ball. Place on to one of the prepared trays. After each 2-3 balls wash your hands in the bowl prepared earlier. This will prevent mixture from sticking to your hands too much. Continue until all mixture is used up.
- Place the tray into the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the dark chocolate. Break the chocolate in bits and put about 2/3 of it in the microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium power for 30 minutes, stir. Continue microwaving it in 30 seconds intervals until chocolate has melted completely. Add the remaining chocolate and stir until it´s fully melted.
- Remove the coconut balls from the freezer. Using a spoon dip each in the chocolate. Make sure all sides are covered in chocolate, then place onto a prepared baking tray. Continue until all coconut balls are covered in chocolate. Allow about an hour for the chocolate to set.
- Once the dark chocolate has set, melt the white chocolate following the method used before. Then pour the chocolate into a piping bag and decorate truffles as you wish.
- Sprinkle freeze dried strawberries on top and allow chocolate to set completely before serving.