I wouldn’t call myself an experienced dinner party hostess because usually I bring my bakes when I visit others not the other way around. When I do end up hosting people at my house, “pizza party” would be better fitting words to describe this. Yes, I do like baking, but cooking is not my favourite thing to do.
Now you might see why I was struggling when Finish challenged me to imagining my ultimate dinner party as part of their new home dining campaign. To keep it simple and familiar I’ve decided to stick to my favourite type of party and call it my ultimate pizza dinner party.
Ultimate pizza dinner party guests: George R.R. Martin (obvious reasons here – I have too many questions and I need my answers now), Sean Lock (my favourite and most random British comedian, who I am hoping would lighten up the mood after the discussions with George R.R) and finally Richard Ayoade, simply because he is so sarcastic that a conversation with him would be a challenge with English as a second language. And I am always up for a challenge.
Ultimate pizza dinner party meals: Pizza, obviously! We would make our own pizzas and probably end up recreating red wedding with all the tomato sauce. For dessert I would serve the orange cheesecake brownies, recipe for which you can find below. As any brownies they are super duper chocolaty, but orange cheesecake layer adds a nice fresh touch.
Ultimate pizza dinner party music: 70’s hits while we make the pizzas.
What would your ultimate dinner party look like?
No matter how you call it, these parties usually end up in piles of dishes next to the sink. The fact that I have been moving quite a few times over the last 5 years means that I never had a chance to settle down and invest in a dish washer. For people luckier than me, Finish has offered me to share with you 2 x Finish product sets to ensure your dinner parties don’t end up in 1 hour washing up nightmare. Simply fill in rafflecopter form at the end of this post for a chance to win a set of products that includes:
And now on to that ultimate dessert:
ORANGE CHEESECAKE BROWNIES
240g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
85g plain flour
275g dark brown sugar
80g cream cheese
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1-2 teaspoons grated peel of an orange
A few drops of vanilla extract
- Melt butter and chocolate together either using water bath (bain-marie) method or microwave. Stir until smooth and glossy. Leave to cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C.
- In a large bowl beat together eggs and sugar until the mixture is thick and creamy and has doubled in size (about 3-4 minutes).
- Carefully pour chocolate over eggy mixture and gently fold it in.
- In a separate bowl sieve and mix flour and cocoa. Add this to batter and gently fold it in. Once combined pour the brownie batter into a greased pan (I used 20cmx30cm pan).
- For cheesecake layer beat together all cheesecake ingredients until smooth and runny. Pour this into a piping bag and decorate brownie layer as desired.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until the centre doesn’t wobble when the pan is slightly shaken.
Click the link below to enter the competition for your chance to win!
The products for this giveaway have been provided by Finish. All views in the post are my own. Competition open for UK residents only.